Kimchi fried rice is a popular comfort food in Japan. You can find it at izakayas, Chinese restaurants and many Japanese restaurants. It’s often served as a snack with beer at bars, or as an entree at restaurants. Wagyu, which is a heavily marbled beef, is savory and is often grilled right at your table at Japanese barbecue shops. This dish incorporates the wagyu directly into the rice to make a filling and hearty meal.
Wagyu Kimchi Fried Rice
This amazing beef and kimchi rice dish is one of my personal favorites. It features Japanese wagyu beef and the bold taste of kimchi cooked into a delicious egg fried rice. You may find yourself cooking this one over and over- I enjoy it often myself.
Wagyu Kimchi Fried Rice
This delicious, spicy savory rice is absolutely the best kimchi fried rice you will ever eat. It uses plenty of Japanese wagyu, fresh kimchi, and egg which are fried over a hot flame and cooked to perfection, Japanese wagyu beef is marbled and the meat is very high quality- it will absolutely melt in your mouth. The dish uses a lot of kimchi, so unlike recipes where the kimchi taste is barely perceptible, this bold dish stars kimchi and wagyu and you can taste both in every bite.
|5 minutes||10 minutes||2 servings|
- 1/4 lb wagyu (marbled) beef (125g)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups prepared kimchi (300g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 TBSP Rice Bran oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 TBSP Fried rice paste
- Chinese pickles (zassai), optional
- Dice the beef into 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes.
- Brown the meat over medium high heat using 1 TBSP of the cooking oil.
- Add kimchi and cook for two more minutes until hot and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the frypan, turn up to medium high heat, and add the egg. Fry until mostly hard.
- Add the rice and fry while chopping the egg for about two minutes, until the egg is broken up and no rice is clumped together.
- Add the fried rice paste and continue to fry for two more minutes while continually stirring and mixing the paste in. Add the kimchi and wagyu.
- Cook for two more minutes while mixing until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve in a bowl. Serve with Chinese pickles if desired.
- Fried rice dry seasoning can be used in place of fried rice paste. Use enough for 2 cups of egg fried rice.
- Wagyu beef is expensive and also high in calories, You can also use rib steak or tenderloin if preferred. Chicken breast or even tofu can be substituted.
- Chinese pickles go perfectly with this dish. Japanese pickles such as umeboshi or betarazuke can also be used. Or serve it with no pickles if preferred.
- Make sure the rice is firm and not mushy. If your cooked white rice is moist you can spread it out on a flat surface to dry it or put in in the refrigerator.
If you need ingredients and would like to support our site, then please consider using the links below to order.