A friend of mine was asking about a simple recipe for fish. Salmon is a popular fish in Japan, and it’s great when fish has a crispy, edible skin. Skin can be broiled or fried to crispy perfection, and the higher the temperature, the better it comes out. The sauce we use in this recipe is both sweet and lemony, and when it cooks it caramelizes and creates a glaze that is hard to resist. Try this easy method of preparing salmon for yourself and let us know what you think!
Soy Glazed Salmon
Pass on the marinade and go with this quick and simple salmon recipe that you will absolutely adore. The glaze is made up of lemon juice, mirin and soy sauce, which is caramelized over high heat while cooking he salmon.
Soy Glazed Salmon
Soy glazed salmon is a very simple and delicious dish that can be prepared in a frypan. The fish is seared over high heat and then steamed in a citrusy, sweet and salty mix of ingredients.
|5 mins||10 mins||2 servings|
- 2 Boneless Salmon Filets, skin on and scaled
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (50ml)
- 1/4 cup Mirin (50ml)
- 1 TBSP Lemon juice
- Mix soy sauce, mirin and lemon juice to make your sauce.
- Heat the fish in the oil, skin down, in a small frypan over high heat for 2-3 minutes until skin begins to turn brown and crispy.
- Turn. Continue to fry for 2 more minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium. Add two tablespoons of sauce over the fish. Allow the to sauce boil out, but not burn.
- Add 2 more TBSP sauce and cook for 1 minute to reduce.
- Uncover and turn the fish so the skin side is now down again.
- Spoon in two more TBSP of sauce, cover and steam in the sauce for another 2-3 minutes to cook the fish completely through.
- Turn fish again, swirl in the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Plate the salmon. Spoon some drippings from the pan over the fish. (Refrigerate unused sauce)
- This recipe goes great with salmon or any other fish fillet where the skin can be eaten. Try mackerel as an alternative.
If you need ingredients and would like to support our site, then please consider using the links below to order.