Chicken noodle soup is the perfect meal on a cold day – it’s hot, delicious, not too filling, and very healthy. My chicken noodle soup features fresh chicken, Japanese bouillon, chopped veggies, mushrooms and fettuccine noodles, There are a million chicken noodle soup recipes on the web, but this one stands out because it’s quick and easy to make- in less than an hour you can have a pot of hearty and healthy chicken soup ready for your family.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken soup is popular in Japan. This easy recipe features plenty of chicken and green vegetables, and of course lots of noodles. In Japan there are many options for noodles – I use flat noodles like udon or fettuccine, but ramen or soba would work just as well.
Chicken Noodle Soup (チケンヌードルスープ)
Chicken noodle soup makes a great meal anytime. Use plenty of noodles- I use fettuccini but ramen, udon and soba make great alternatives. You can also get creative with the greens – for a more Japanese taste use mitsuba in place of parsley and shungiku in place of spinach. Make sure that you add the pasta near the end of cooking and be sure to cook the pasta in the soup to your desired hardness.
|15 minutes||35 minutes||Serves 8|
- 1 parsley stalk (10g)
- 1 small bunch watercress (20g)
- 6 sprigs of Italian parsley
- 8 kale leaves
- 3 cup fresh chopped spinach (100g)
- 1 celery stalk (150g)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb uncooked flat noodles such as fettuccine
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh, chopped into bite size pieces
- Wash the greens and chop finely. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue to sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of chicken broth and the black pepper to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for two minutes
- Add in the mushrooms and the chopped greens. Bring back to a boil over medium high heat.
- Turn down to medium and boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth, increase to high heat and bring back to a boil.
- Add the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is cooked al dente style.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, but the noodles will soak up the chicken broth. When you reheat, add a couple of cups of consommé to ensure you have plenty of soup.
If you need ingredients and would like to support our site, then please consider using the links below to order.